The articles below look at the cemeteries where the Commonwealth soldiers are either buried or commemorated on Malta. I have also written guides to cemeteries on Gallipoli and how to research soldiers who served in the First World War:
- Guides to the cemeteries of Gallipoli
- Guides to Researching Soldiers who Served in the British Army
- Guides to Researching Soldiers who Served in the Indian Army
I also offer a Soldier Research Service.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission Cemeteries on Malta
The Cross of Sacrifice in Pieta Military Cemetery which also contains military graves from the 19th Century. The overwhelming majority of Commonwealth War Grave Commission graves in Malta contain multiple burials as they had to be cut into the bedrock. In this photograph, you can see a handful of private memorials.
- Addolorata Cemetery
- Malta (Capuccini) Naval Cemetery
- Pembroke Military Cemetery
- Pieta Military Cemetery
- Pieta Military Cemetery Indian Cremation Memorial
- Ta-Braxia Cemetery